Here comes a new Summer of Code status report.
- I've increased my involvement with the GTK+ team: Took care about some GTK+ bugs. Got permissions to close bugs after applying reviewed patches (see: GtkTasks). During that process I've got more familiar with git-svn - had my first dcommits.
- Wasted time on extending libzip to support extracting PPMd compressed ZIP files. Having two important(?) features InfoZIP doesn't support, it seems about time to trigger libzip support in file-roller.
- The giant GtkBuilder patch has landed in GTK+ trunk. So I decided to resynch my extended-layout branch with the trunk. This is not the usual way to handle Subversion branches, but it should help me to avoid merge conflicts in the future.
- Finally came around to write real extended-layout code: The interface is there and GtkLabel implements get_baseline, testextendedlayout got new tests, autotestextendedlayout showed up as distcheck.
- Wasted quite some time by fighting with and waiting for gtk-doc to build documentation for GtkExtendedLayout: It found my new methods and added them to gtk-unused.txt, but I still had to manually move those declarations to gtk-sections.txt. Also had to register GtkExtendedLayout in gtk.types and to link it from gtk-docs.sgml. Clearly not state of the art. Extra annoyance points for xsltproc being incredibly slow.
Update: Learned from Federico and Matthias Clasen, that they usually comment out large parts of gtk-docs.sgml when doing documentation, well and that partly the Docbook stylesheets are too be blamed for the poor performance as they do alot of O(n^2) stuff.