They call us crazy, but we store Contacts in Tracker

Visa authorities playing bad games with Chandni gave me the chance to talk about the QtContacts tracker plugin, which I and others where working on for that past few months. In case you've missed that early talk, here are the slides.

Interesting to just watch George from KDE to talk about similar things.

Desktop Summit 2011

Comments

Philip Van Hoof commented on August 8, 2011 at 3:13 p.m.

Nice presentation, good slides. Sad that I can't be at the desktop summit this year to watch your presentation. Did they video it?

Philip Van Hoof commented on August 8, 2011 at 3:16 p.m.

Oh by the way, since you mention insert-or-replace in the slides: Today I'm working on INSERT-OR-REPLACE with support for null to delete both single-value property objects and multiple-values property objects:

INSERT OR REPLACE { <subj> nie:title null } to remove the title without needing a DELETE statement upfront.

I think that's a feature that qtcontacts-tracker team requested. Will be ready soon ;-)

Murray Cumming commented on August 9, 2011 at 9:16 a.m.

That's a really good overview, clearly presented. Thanks.

It would look that little bit better with left-alignment for the bullet points though. Center-alignment is the comic sans of alignment.

Mathias Hasselmann commented on August 9, 2011 at 10:26 a.m.

Murray: Yes, maybe. My revolting stomach quite successfully boycotted preparing the slides properly.

M_T commented on August 9, 2011 at 1:54 p.m.

You could be even more crazy if you store the mails in tracker too

Philip Van Hoof commented on August 9, 2011 at 1:57 p.m.

M_T: Matadata about E-mails is stored in Tracker on the N9. Storage of the E-mails themselves isn't (RDF isn't fit for that).